Fall is a great time to revamp your home’s decor and get creative with fall crafts and decor projects – no need to be an expert to make it happen. We’ve rounded up 30 inspiring DIY fall crafts and decor ideas that are perfect for all ages, easy to follow, inexpensive, and simple enough for anyone to try. Here you will find fall craft and decor ideas for everything, including pumpkin centerpieces, candy apple garlands, festive banners and more! Get inspired by these unique fall projects and bring an extra cozy warmth into your home this fall.
Fall crafts can be a great way to get into the autumn spirit and create beautiful decorations for your home! Enjoying the beauty of fall doesn’t have to be expensive. This collection of 30 easy DIY fall crafts and decor ideas offers easy, step-by-step instructions on how to make homemade decorations that everyone can enjoy. From crafty pumpkins and door hangers to wall art and garlands, you’ll find something for all ages in this list of creative projects. Even better is that each one requires minimal time and effort – making fall crafts perfect for busy parents or those with a tight budget! So if you’re looking for some fun ways to spruce up your home decor this season, look no further than these amazing DIY fall crafts and decor ideas.
DIY Fall Crafts and Decor Ideas
Fall is an inspiring season, and with its changing colors, crisp air and cozy vibes, it’s the perfect time to get creative! There are countless DIY fall crafts and decor ideas to kickstart your creative juices immediately. Whether you’re looking for a beginner project to do with the kids or more complex pieces that require some elbow grease and patience, there’s something here for all ages – from inviting wreaths and garlands to iconic centerpieces.
Plus, many of these fall projects use upcycled materials, so they’re cheap and easy to make. With clear step-by-step instructions available online, you can craft that special ‘something’ yourself in no time. Get ready for the most amazing fall season yet!
1. Mason Jar Lid Pumpkins Tutorial
This DIY mason jar lid pumpkin is an inexpensive and easy way to add fall flair to your home. Made with just a few supplies, they come together in under an hour and do a great DIY project for kids and adults. Gather some mason jar bands, orange spray paint, orange yarn, and cinnamon sticks to make your own. Then follow the tutorial below. DIY mason jar lid pumpkin is the perfect way to decorate for fall on a budget. So get creative and have fun! countrycook
2. Fall Garland With Mini Pumpkins
DIY fall garland with mini pumpkins is a budget-friendly fall decoration idea that is quick and easy to DIY. Get your home decor ready for the changing season with this easy tutorial. All you need are mini styrofoam pumpkins, a gold paint pen, craft paint, paintbrushes, strong thread or thin twine, scissors, and an optional black paint pen. With a few simple supplies, you can create a beautiful and festive fall garland to hang in your home. lovelyindeed
3. Glittered Acorns Fall Specimen Art
DIY glittered acorns fall specimen art is a fun and easy way to create unique specimen artwork. All you need is some acorns, elmer’s quick dry craft bond glue, elmer’s glitter, elmer’s classic glitter glue, elmer’s hot glue gun & glue sticks, a paintbrush, and a sheet of cardstock:
- Glue the acorns onto the cardstock with quick dry craft bond glue.
- to add some sparkle to the acorns, Use glitter glue
- Frame your artwork and enjoy! happinesshome
4. DIY Happy Acorn Necklaces
DIY happy acorn necklaces are the perfect fall activity – they’re easy, fun, and add greatly to your decor. All you need is a bag of acorns, some paint, and some string:
- Use the drill to make a hole in the top of each acorn.
- Paint the acorns in any color or design you like. Once the paint is dry, brush on a layer of mod podge to seal it.
- Then a piece of string threaded through the hole and tied off.
Hang your DIY happy acorn necklaces from branches or doorways for a touch of fall flair. whimsy girl
5. Sweet and Simple Felt Apple Craft
DIY sweet and simple felt apple craft is the perfect DIY project for apple lovers! This project is easy to make and can be used for many different purposes. You can use it as a gift tag, a refrigerator magnet, or a holiday ornament. The possibilities are endless! All you need is a small apple, some stiffened felt in various colors and a few other supplies. Follow the tutorial to make your own DIY sweet and simple felt apple craft. You’ll be glad you did! firefliesandmudpies
6. DIY Painted Mini Pumpkins
DIY painted mini pumpkins are a simple and easy way to show your creative side this fall. All you need is a can of spray paint and some faux mini pumpkins, and you’ll be able to create a beautiful fall display in just 10 minutes. DIY painted mini pumpkins are also a great way to add a personal touch to your halloween decor.
Choose your favorite color of spray paint and get started. You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to transform simple pumpkins into works of art. So get creative and have fun with DIY painted mini pumpkins this fall! lovelyindeed
7. Paper Roll Apple Core Craft
This DIY paper roll apple core craft is so cute and looks great! It’s also quite simple to make. You can find printable instructions for this craft on our website. This craft is a great activity for kids. They will love decorating their apples!
You will need the following supplies for this craft: paper rolls, red cupcake liners, white craft paint, a paintbrush, green construction paper, scissors, sticks, hot glue, and a black marker. Hot glue the cupcake liners to the paper rolls to create the apple cores. Then, paint the apple cores with white craft paint. Cut leaves from the green construction paper and glue them to the sticks. Stick the leaves into the top of the apple cores. Use the black marker to add details, such as stems and seeds. Your DIY paper roll apple cores are now complete! nontoygifts
8. DIY Fall Slime
DIY slime is a fun project for kids, teens and tweens. It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. DIY slime is also great for using leftover glue from other projects. This recipe for homemade cinnamon slime is perfect for the Fall and autumn seasons.
It’s scented with cinnamon essential oil and can be made in under 5 minutes. DIY slime is a great activity for rainy days, sleepovers or just when you need a little break from screens. So gather up your supplies, and let’s get started! kimspireddiy
9. Adorable DIY Polymer Clay Owl Necklace
The adorable DIY polymer clay owl necklace is a great handmade gift that kids could make for their friends. The clay is so easy to work with, and the results are bright and vibrant. This necklace is perfect for older kids and tweens. It’s a great diy jewelry craft because it’s fun and colorful.
- Polymer clay in colors of your choice
- Polymer clay tools
- Mini heart metal cutter, mini cookie cutter or cardboard template
- Jump rings
- Eye pins
- Jewelry pliers & wire cutters
- Satin cording
10. How to Make a Spin Art Spider Craft
DIY spin art spider craft is a hit with our toddlers and preschoolers. They will love this Fun spider craft. This DIY is a great activity for kids of all ages. All you need is black paper cut in circles and strips, white washable tempera paint, googly eyes, and silver glitter. First, have the kids paint the black paper circles with the white paint. Then, put the silver glitter on top of the wet paint.
Next, put the googly eyes on the spider. Finally, have the kids assemble the spider by attaching the legs to the body with glue. This craft is so much fun and a great way to get your kids to be creative. Thanks for DIYing! teachingyearolds
11. How to Make the Cutest Fall Hedgehog Craft
DIY cutest fall hedgehog craft is an easy and fun fall craft that anyone can make! This grumpy hedgehog is perfect for home or school. All you need is our printable hedgehog template, white cardstock, washable paint, a paintbrush, scissors, pom poms, and a glue stick or hot glue gun. You can also add sticker eyes or wiggly eyes to your hedgehog. Print the hedgehog template on white cardstock to make this DIY cutest fall aedgehog craft.
Cut the pieces and use them to trace the shapes onto the cardstock. Next, cut out the shapes from the cardstock. Paint the hedgehog body and head brown and let dry. Glue the head and body together. Then glue on the pom poms for the hedgehog’s quills. Use a black marker to draw on a nose and mouth. That’s it! Your DIY cutest fall hedgehog craft is now complete! firefliesmudpies
12. Fall Leaves Glitter Sensory Bottle For Kids
DIY fall leaves glitter sensory bottle For kids – It is simple to make for your children. A little fall leaves a glitter sensory bottle. Quick, mesmerizing, and so much fun to shake up!
DIY fall leaves glitter sensory bottle For kids requires some supplies, which are a 16 oz sensory bottle, leaf sequins (1 package), 1 tablespoon fine copper glitter, ½ cup – 1 cup clear glue (use more glue if you want the glitter to stay suspended longer), ½ cup hand soap, ¼ cup corn syrup, one drop gel orange food dye, Water and mixing bowl, hot glue gun and a glue stick. With these few things, you can easily make DIY fall leaves glitter sensory bottle For Kids at home. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try it now! simpleeveryday
13. Fall Macrame Rainbow
DIY fall macrame rainbow. This is a great fall craft to decorate or give as a gift. It is simple to make and requires only a few supplies you may already have around the house. This DIY fall macrame rainbow is an adorable Fall craft that will surely be a hit with friends and family. It is also a fun and festive fall craft that can be used to decorate your home for the season. So, grab your supplies and get started on this DIY fall macrame rainbow today! familyblessings
14. Easy Paper Quilling Fall Tree Craft
DIY easy paper quilling fall tree craft is a beautiful sight. The colors are so gorgeous, and it’s something young kids can do.
- take the quilling paper and make a coil
- Make sure to glue the end of the coil
- Use the slotted quilling tool to make a tight coil
- Take another strip of quilling paper and glue one end to the inside of the first coil
- Wrap the strip around the first coil until you reach the other side
- Continue adding strips of quilling paper, wrapping around each coil until you reach the top
- Once you reach the top, trim the excess paper
Now you have a beautiful DIY easy paper quilling fall tree craft! artsycraftsymom
15. DIY Wood Slice Owl
For those looking for a quick DIY project for fall home decor, this DIY wood slice owl is perfect! Super quick and easy to make, this adorable owl is sure to add a touch of uniqueness to any space. And the best part? It can be made with supplies you probably already have around the house! Gather a large wood slice, some sawtooth picture frame hangers, jar lids, pop bottle caps, a serving spoon, forks, and a branch. Then use E6000 glue to adhere the jar lids and pop bottle caps to the wood slice; once everything is dry, stain or danish oil the wood slice for a beautiful finish. So why not give this DIY wood slice owl a try today? You’ll be glad you did! houseofhawthornes
16. Boho Eucalyptus Thanksgiving Wreath
DIY boho eucalyptus thanksgiving wreath is a stunning DIY perfect for your fall decor. With just a few simple materials, you can make this beautiful wreath. The best part about this project is that it is easy to make and does not require special skills. So looking for a great craft project with your family or friends?
This is the perfect one. thanksgiving is a time to give something back to them, and nothing better than doing that by DIYing your own thanksgiving decorations. This wreath will impress your guests and add a touch of elegance to your home. delineatedwelling
17. Dream Catcher Craft for Kids
DIY dream catcher craft for Kids is an easy, fun project with simple materials. Scissors, hole punch, paper plates, Yarn (about 6 feet total, I used 2 feet of each color), tape, a large sewing needle, glitter, paint, beads, and feathers are all you need. This makes a great kids’ craft project for celebrating being together and eating their ice cream.
DIY dream catcher craft for Kids is an easy project that yields beautiful results. It’s also a great way to use any leftover yarn. So grab your supplies and get started! foodlovinfamily
18. Make an Apple Wall Hanging
DIY apple wall hanging: A DIY apple wall hanging is the perfect way to decorate for fall. It’s a craft that works for everyone and is pretty simple to make. You’ll need red acrylic paint, seven metal jar lids, green pipe cleaners, a stick, and string. Paint the jar lids red and set them aside to dry. Cut the pipe cleaners into pieces that will fit around the edges of the lids. Once the paint is dry, glue or tape the pipe cleaners onto the lids. Attach the lids to the stick with string or duct tape. Hang your DIY apple wall on a door or in a window, and enjoy how pretty and festive it is. momsandcrafters
19. Mini Pinecone Tree Pots
Add holiday cheer to your windowsill with these DIY mini pinecone tree pots. This super easy and quick craft can be made in just 15 minutes and is a great way to add a personal touch to your decor. You only need small pinecones, miniature wooden flower pots, and acrylic paint. You can also add a touch of sparkle with martha stewart glitter paint. Brush the paint onto the pinecones and let them dry. Then arrange the pots and pinecones along your windowsill and enjoy your little forest of mini pinecone tree pots. petscribbles
20. Unicorn Pumpkin
DIY Unicorn Pumpkin: A great way to spice up your pumpkin is by painting it to look like a unicorn. All you need are a few materials and easy steps. You will need a flower crown, some paint, and a pumpkin for this project. First, begin by painting your pumpkin white. Then, use the paint to create a unicorn horn on the top of the pumpkin. Finally, add the flower crown around the pumpkin’s stem to complete the look. This DIY unicorn pumpkin is a great way to add extra fun to your halloween decor. friendsforfrosting
21. No Sew Fabric Pumpkins
DIY no sew fabric pumpkin is a great way to decorate for fall on a budget. This idea is easy to make and can be made with fabric you may already have around the house. DIY no sew fabric pumpkin is a great way to upcycle the fabric. To make this pumpkin, you will need old shirts, sweaters, fabric, twine, fiberfill, and two rubber bands:
- Cut your fabric into two six-inch circles.
- Place the two circles together wrong sides facing.
- Tie a piece of twine around the center of the two circles.
- Stuff your pumpkin with fiberfill until it is as full as you like. Once your pumpkin is stuffed, take the rubber bands and place them around the pumpkin at the base of the twine.
- Fluff out your pumpkin and enjoy your DIY decoration!
22. How to Make Pinecone Bird Feeders
Attracting wild birds to your backyard or open area can be a fun and rewarding experience. DIY pinecone bird feeders are a simple and easy way to do so, and they only take about 10 minutes to make. This makes them a great project for kids as well. All you need are some large open pinecones, peanut butter, twine, and birdseed:
- Tie some twine around the top of the pinecone.
- Spread peanut butter around the outside of the pinecone. Be sure to cover all of the nooks and crannies.
- Roll the pinecone in birdseed until it is fully coated.
Hang your DIY pinecone bird feeder from a tree or other structure, and enjoy watching the birds come to visit. onelittleproject
23. Pallet Wood Sign for Fall
Fall is the perfect time to DIY your rustic sign to decorate your home. Pallet wood is the perfect material for this project, as it fits in with the boho farmhouse style that is so popular now. Plus, it’s a great way to add a personal touch to your fall decor. Follow these step-by-step instructions to create your own DIY pallet wood sign for fall.
You’ll need three pallet wood pieces, each about 13 inches long. Sand the pieces down with 220-grit sandpaper to create a smooth surface. Next, paint the pieces white with acrylic craft paint and a foam paintbrush. Once the paint is dry, brush on a layer of matte mod podge. Then, cut the adhesive shelf liner or contact paper into slightly larger strips than the pallet wood pieces. Place the strips on top of the mod podge, and then trim away any excess.
Now it’s time to add your fall-themed design. Use a silhouette cameo to cut out a design from black adhesive vinyl. Peel away the negative space and apply the vinyl to the pallet wood pieces. For an extra rustic touch, consider adding leather straps. You can buy these pre-made or DIY them using leather scraps and a rotary cutter. Finally, seal your sign with finishing wax or an aerosol sealer. Hang your sign up and enjoy your handiwork! makingmanzanita
24. How to Make Scented Candles
DIY scented candles are the perfect DIY project. It is cheaper than buying, and it makes great gifts or decorations. This idea is fun to make and only requires a few supplies. You will need mason jars, soy wax flakes, wooden skewers, lolly sticks, scissors, essential oils, candle dye, candle wicks, an old pot, jute twine, charms, and beads.
Follow these steps to create your own DIY scented candles. First, melt the soy wax in the pot on low heat. While the wax is melting, prepare your mason jars by adding the charms and beads to the bottom. Next, add the essential oils to the melted wax and stir well. Add a few drops of candle dye to color your candle. Pour the wax into the prepared mason jars and let them cool. Once it is cool, trim the wicks and enjoy your beautiful DIY-scented candle! craftsyhacks
25. DIY Fall Crafting
DIY fall crafting is a great way to show your creative side and add personalization to your home decor. The best part about DIY fall crafting is that it can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Whether you want to make a few small changes or go all out, plenty of easy-to-do fall crafts can add a touch of gorgeousness to your home.
From painted pumpkins to DIY floral arrangements, the possibilities are endless. You can DIY your way to a beautiful fall home with just a few supplies and creativity. So what are you waiting for? Get crafting! youtube
26. Pumpkin Dryer Vent Craft
DIY pumpkin dryer vent craft is a fun and easy project you can complete in less than 30 minutes. This craft is also very inexpensive, as it requires only a few supplies you likely already have around the house. The result is an adorable decoration perfect for the porch, table, or any other spot in your home. This craft is also great for recycling an old dryer vent hose. To get started:
- Spray paint the hose orange and cream.
- In the bottom of the hose, cut a hole and insert a sturdy stick.
- Add some craft moss to the top of the stick.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the eyes and a mouth to the pumpkin.
Your DIY pumpkin dryer vent craft is now complete! thismamaloves
27. Pumpkin Spice Playdough
DIY pumpkin spice playdough is a fun and easy project for the whole family. Not only does it smell wonderful, but it’s also extra smooth and less susceptible to dry outs. This makes it the perfect addition to the kid’s table during the fall season. And, since it’s nicer, cheaper, and more natural than store-bought playdough, DIY pumpkin spice playdough is a great way to teach children about DIY projects and healthy living. To make your own DIY pumpkin spice playdough:
- Mix flour, water, salt, coconut oil, cream of tartar, and pumpkin pie spice. If you’re feeling festive, add food coloring or natural food-based dyes.
- Once everything is mixed together, knead the dough until it’s smooth.
- Let your little ones enjoy their very own homemade playdough!
28. Easy Pumpkin Hummus
This DIY easy pumpkin hummus is the perfect Fall craft you can do with the kids. It’s a fun, easy recipe that only takes 10 minutes. Plus, the cute little stem addition makes it even more festive. Combine all the simple ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Then, enjoy with RITZ Crackers and feta cheese crumbles. So simple and delicious! DIY easy pumpkin hummus is the perfect way to enjoy the Fall season. anightowlblog
29. Pinecone Indian Corn Craft for Thanksgiving
This year, impress your guests by creating homemade centerpieces for your thanksgiving feast. Using pinecones, small pompoms, and a few other simple materials, you can create beautiful centerpiece decorations that are perfect for kids of all ages. And best of all, these DIY crafts are colorful and gorgeous, adding a touch of beauty to your holiday table.
To get started, gather your materials. You will need pinecones, smaller pompoms in various colors, scissors, liquid glue or a hot glue gun, raffia, corn husks, or crepe paper streamers. Once you have everything, begin by gluing the pompoms onto the pinecones. Be sure to cover the entire cone, except for the very tips. Then, use the raffia or streamers to create corn husks or tassels. Finally, tie the corn husks or tassels around the pinecone’s base to complete your DIY indian corn decoration. These unique thanksgiving crafts are sure to be a hit with your guests! buggyandbuddy
30. Chalky Fall Leaf Garland
DIY projects are all the rage these days and for a good reason. Not only are they a fun way to spend an afternoon, but they also allow you to personalize your home uniquely. This DIY chalky fall leaf garland is the perfect example. Inspired by the bright colors of fall, this garland is sure to add a touch of seasonal cheer to your home. And the best part? It’s simple to make, and the results are fantastic.
To get started, gather your materials. You’ll need construction paper, chalk (in multiple colors), a cheese grater, a cookie sheet (or similar), a wire cooling rack, a pencil, scissors, and string. Once you have everything you need, it’s time to get started. handmadechar
Related Crafts for Kids:
Bring out your child’s creativity with fun and easy crafts for kids. From paper crafts to DIY projects, these craft ideas will keep them busy and create beautiful keepsakes!
- Wine Cork Crafts: Create unique and beautiful decorations for your home with these easy DIY wine cork crafts. Find creative ideas to upcycle corks into art, decor, and more!
- Coffee Filter Crafts: Bring out your inner artist with these unique coffee filter crafts and art projects! Perfect for kids or adults, learn how to make beautiful decorations, flowers, cards, and more.
- Crafts to Do When Bored: Make the most of your downtime with these creative DIY crafts to do when bored! Ideas for easy projects, ranging from simple to complex.
- Crafts for Toddlers: Find easy and fun crafts for toddlers that will help develop creativity and fine motor skills. From painting to paper crafts, get ideas perfect for any age!
- Pool Noodle Crafts: Make amazing pool noodle crafts with these simple DIY ideas! Get creative and make fun projects like outdoor games, decor, toys, and more.
- Seashell Crafts: Create beautiful DIY home decor with these easy seashell crafts and ideas. From coastal-inspired wreaths to framed sea shell art, get inspired to use shells in your next project!
- Fourth of July Crafts: Start your fourth of July celebrations with these awesome fourth of July crafts! Get creative and create memorable decorations, party invites, and much more.
- Pipe Cleaner Crafts: Bring out the creativity in your kids with these colorful and cute pipe cleaner crafts! From animals to flowers, these projects are perfect for any age.
- Winter Crafts for Kids: Keep your kids entertained over the winter holidays with these wonderful winter craft activities. Spark their creativity and make lasting memories with art projects that are perfect for all ages.
- Popsicle Stick Crafts: Make learning fun for kids with these creative and easy popsicle stick crafts! From animals to masterpieces, your kids will love making fun things out of popsicle sticks.
- Mason Jar Crafts: Discover a variety of unique mason jar craft ideas to make personalized decor for your home. From centerpieces to wall art, you’ll find inspiration for any space.
- Handprint Crafts: Get creative and have fun with your kids making simple handprint crafts and art projects! A perfect activity for children to explore their creativity while learning about different techniques.
- Egg Carton Crafts: Let kids explore their creative side with fun and easy egg carton crafts and art projects. Perfect for all ages, these projects are sure to spark imagination!
These 30 cheap DIY fall crafts and decor ideas for home are a great way to get creative this autumn season! From easy, budget-friendly projects like pumpkin spice candles to intricate tablescape displays, there is something here for everyone.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced crafter, each one of these fall projects comes with clear step-by-step instructions so anyone can follow along. These craft ideas look impressive and won’t break the bank – many of them use inexpensive materials and supplies found around the house.
With these awesome DIY fall crafts and decorations at your fingertips, it’s never been easier to bring a little bit of autumn into your home this season!