Transform old wine bottles into unique decorations with this collection of 25 easy DIY wine bottle crafts and upcycling ideas! From simple painted bottle designs to intricate home decor ideas, these DIY wine bottle crafts are perfect for any skill level. You can create beautiful candleholders, planters, terrariums or even jewelry organizers from your used wine bottles. Try adding a bit of color with paint brushes or go the extra mile by cutting off the top portion for an open-air centerpiece. With these upcycling ideas for your old bottles, you’ll never have to worry about throwing them away again! Get creative today and make something memorable that reflects your style – all it takes is a few supplies and some imagination!
With wine bottle crafts, you can take something insignificant and turn it into a unique piece of art. Whether you want to upcycle wine bottles or just decorate them for your home, there’s an endless number of unique bottle decor ideas that are easy and inexpensive.
You don’t need an extensive list of specialty supplies to get started, these diy wine bottle crafts can be done with everyday items from around your home! From creative wine bottle planters to wine bottle candles holders, there are dozens of inspirational wine bottle crafts you can do yourself with step-by-step instructions. Take the time to explore all the amazing wine bottle crafts and start crafting today!
Easy DIY Wine Bottle Crafts and Upcycling Ideas
Transform empty wine bottles into unique decor and craft pieces with these 25 easy wine bottle crafts and upcycling ideas. Whether you want to turn your old bottles of vino into something decorative, useful or simply fun, it is surprisingly simple to transform them into a work of art! From making decorative candle holders and flower vases to creating a fancy bar cart centerpiece or even building planters for the garden, we have step-by-step instructions on how to do it all.
DIYers can also make tasty infusions with their favorite spirits while avid crafters will appreciate our suggestions for turning an ordinary bottle of Merlot into stunning home decor accents. And if you’re looking for inexpensive ways to spruce up your space without breaking the bank? These cheap but chic crafts with wine bottles offer plenty of options.
We’ve included detail guide that outlines exactly how each project should be completed, no matter what skill level you are at; so whether you’re just getting started in crafting or already have some experience under your belt – give any one of these cool wine bottle crafts a try!
1. DIY Sunflower Wine Bottle Centerpiece
This DIY sunflower wine bottle centerpiece is a beautiful decoration for the home. This eye-catching centerpiece is perfect for bridal showers, baby showers, or even as a wine-themed decoration for the sunroom.
The best part about this DIY project is that it is easy to follow and only requires a few materials that you may already have around the house. So, grab some sunflowers, a wooden serving tray, cotton twine, burlap, rocks, mason jars, and empty wine bottles, and follow this easy guide to create your own DIY sunflower wine bottle centerpiece. craftandsparkle
2. Paper Doily Decoupaged Wine Bottle Crafts
These DIY decoupaged bottles are a pretty and simple way to spruce up your home decor. With just a few materials and a quick, easy tutorial, you can easily create your own DIY paper doily bottles in no time. All you need is some paper doilies, empty bottles or jars, scissors, white glue, a paintbrush with stiff bristles, and clear acrylic spray.
Just follow the step-by-step guide below, and you’ll be on your way to creating your own handmade decoupaged bottles. So what are you waiting for? Get started today! craftiments
3. Glittered Empty Wine Bottle Art
This DIY glitter wine bottle project is an easy and fun way to add some sparkle to your decor. With just a few materials and a little time, you can create beautiful, glittering bottles that will add personality to any space.
You will need empty wine bottles, mod podge hard coat, foam paint brush, glitter and painter’s tape.
Follow these steps to create your own DIY glitter wine bottles:
- Start by tapping off the base of the wine bottle. This will create a clean line for your glitter design.
- Next, apply a layer of Mod Podge hard coat to the bottle section that you will be glittering. Work in small sections so that the Mod Podge doesn’t dry before you have a chance to apply the glitter.
- Sprinkle glitter over the wet Mod Podge, covering the entire surface. Be sure to use a generous amount of glitter for the best coverage.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until the entire bottle is covered in glitter. Let the bottles dry completely before displaying them in your home. Enjoy your new DIY decor! jennyonthespot
4. DIY Mod Podge Wine Bottle Lights
DIY mod podge wine bottles are a great summer decor and project. They are easy to make and look great when completed. This guide will teach you how to make your own mod podge bottles. First, you will need to gather your materials. You will need clear wine bottles, tissue paper, mod podge gloss, light my bottle light, white spray primer, scissors and a paintbrush.
Next, you will need to cut the tissue paper into small pieces. Once you have done this, you can begin applying the mod podge to the bottle. Start by applying a layer of mod podge to the bottom of the bottle and then apply the tissue paper. Continue doing this until the entire bottle is covered.
Once the bottle is covered, you will need to let it dry. Once it is dry, you can apply a layer of white spray primer. This will help to seal the tissue paper and protect it from the elements. Finally, you can add the light my bottle light to the top. This will give your DIY bottles a beautiful soft glow when lit up. Enjoy! modpodgerocks
5. Self-Watering Wine Bottle Crafts
One simplest and most practical ways to water your plants is to use this DIY self-watering wine bottle. This quick and easy project will keep your potted plants active for weeks. All you need is a wine bottle, a corked bottle, and a nail. Follow these steps to create your own DIY self-watering wine bottle:
- Start by making a small hole in the wine bottle cork. This will be where the water flows out of the bottle.
- Next, fill the wine bottle with water and insert the cork back into the neck of the bottle.
- Turn the wine bottle upside down and place it in your plant pot. The water will slowly trickle out of the hole in the cork, watering your plant as needed.
This simple handmade self-watering system is an easy way to make sure your plants stay healthy and hydrated, even when you’re away on vacation. Try it out today! julieblanner
6. Small Fancy Wine Bottle Tiki Torch
This DIY tiki torch is a lovely wine bottle craft that is both functional and will help to eradicate bugs. It is quick and easy to make, taking only 5 minutes. This easy tutorial will guide you through the steps of how to make your very own.
You only need a few supplies: wine bottle, copper coupling, plumbers’ nylon seal tape, tiki replacement wick, and tiki torch fuel. With some easy steps, you can enjoy your very own tiki torch all summer long! Here are some simple steps:
What to do with empty wine bottles to make Tiki Torch?
- Cut the wine bottle to the desired height using a glass cutter or utility knife. Make sure to use protective gloves and eye gear when cutting the glass.
- Use fine-grit sandpaper to smooth the sharp edges of the cut glass. Wash the bottle with soap and water to remove any dirt or dust. Dry completely.
- Wrap the threads of the copper coupling with plumbers’ nylon seal tape. This will create a tight seal, so fuel does not leak from the DIY wine bottle tiki torch.
- Screw the copper coupling onto the neck of the wine bottle. Make sure it is screwed on tightly. If necessary, use an adjustable wrench to tighten it further.
- Fill the wine bottle with tiki torch fuel, careful not to overfill it. Place the tiki replacement wick into the neck of the copper coupling. Allow the wick to soak up the fuel for several minutes before lighting it.
- To light, hold a lighter or match close to the wick and allow it to ignite. You may need to adjust the flame by turning the knob on the side of the copper coupling clockwise or counterclockwise. Keep an eye on your torch, as tiki torch fuel can be flammable. Never leave lit this tiki torch unattended. Enjoy your lovely DIY creativity! julieblanner
7. Cute DIY Polka Dot Wine Bottle Vases
These DIY polka dot wine bottle vases are cute and decorative, adding cheer and brightness to your home decor. They can be used as centerpieces or decorations for summer parties, and they’re easy to make with this step-by-step guide.
You’ll need a few supplies, including empty wine bottles, rubbing alcohol, white chalk paint, a large, flat paintbrush, mini marshmallows or a small circle stamp, and acrylic craft paint in assorted colors.
Start by cleaning your bottles with rubbing alcohol. Next, use white chalk paint to paint a base layer on the bottles. Once the chalk paint is dried, use the marshmallows or stamp to create polka dots of color with the acrylic craft paint. Let the bottles dry completely before using them as vases for fresh flowers or party decor.
These homemade polka dot wine bottle vases are fun and easy to add color and a festive look to any space! craftsbyamanda
8. Old Wine Bottle Crafts for Halloween
This DIY halloween bottles project is a great way to repurpose old wine bottles and create unique and spooky Halloween decor. This craft is easy and fun and can be customized to your taste. Best of all, it’s a cheap and easy way to add some DIY flair to your Halloween celebration.
To get started, you’ll need a few supplies. First, you’ll need a vinegar bottle and a couple of wine bottles. Next, you’ll need tissue papers, craft glue, rope, burlap fabric, corrugated cardboard, black gesso or acrylic paint, colored wax pastes, spiders, a hot glue gun, old-style candles, sugar skull, a plastic mirror, some other embellishment items.
Once you have your supplies, follow the step-by-step guide below to create your handcrafted halloween bottles. uniquecreations
9. Simple Macrame Wine Bottle Hanger
This DIY macrame wine bottle hangers project is a simple and cheap way to add nature-inspired decoration to your home. This easy tutorial will teach you how to make your own in just a few minutes.
All you need is some macrame twine, an empty wine bottle, and a large ring. You can optionally use a fluted cake pan to help keep the twine in place while you work and tape to secure the ends. Once you’ve gathered your supplies, follow the step-by-step guide below to create your own wine bottle hanger. singlegirlsdiy
10. Twine Wrapped Wine Bottle Vases
A DIY twine-wrapped bottle vase project is a pretty easy way to up-cycle empty wine or glass bottles. This simple DIY project requires only a few supplies you likely already have around the house.
All you require is an empty glass bottle, jute twine, strips of burlap, and a hot glue gun. Here, you can find a step-by-step guide to creating these DIY twine-wrapped bottle vases. These beautiful vases make the perfect addition to any home decor and impress your guests. jugglingact
11. Upcycling Wine Bottle Garden Waterer
This is a simple, step-by-step DIY guide to making an adorable and functional garden waterer from a recycled wine bottle! This project is perfect for anyone who loves DIY projects, gardening, or upcycling!
You can get all the supplies you need for this project at your local hardware store. The most important part of this project is to use a clear glass bottle free of any labels or residue. You will also need flat-back glass marbles in assorted colors, E-6000 glue, masking tape, and plant nanny bottle stakes.
Once you have gathered your supplies, follow the steps below to create your own bottle garden waterer!
- Start cleaning your glass bottle and removing any labels or residue. You can do this by soaking the bottle in warm soapy water for several hours or overnight.
- Next, use masking tape to mark where you would like to place your glass marbles on the bottle. Make sure that the marbles are spaced evenly around the bottle’s circumference.
- Apply a small amount of E-6000 glue to each marble and adhere them to the marked areas on the bottle. Allow the glue to dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Once the glue has dried, tightly fill your bottle with water and screw on the lid. Be sure not to overfill the bottle so that there is room for air to circulate inside.
- Finally, insert the plant nanny stakes into the soil around your plants and position the bottles to point downwards towards the roots. Water your plants as usual, and enjoy!
This lovely garden waterer is a cute and simple way to water your plants all the way! Follow this easy tutorial to create your own today! greenliving
12. DIY Painted Empty Wine Bottle Lamp
This DIY painted bottle lamp project is an easy and thrifty way to upgrade your home decor. With just a few supplies, you can create stunning and stylish lamps that will add a personality to any room. This guide will show you how to upcycle empty bottles into beautiful lamps.
To get started, you will need two empty bottles(wine), paint, a tide stain pen or regular pen or marker to plug in the cord hole, painter’s tape, a bottle lamp kit, white cord, old cereal boxes for funnel and lampshades.
First, clean your bottles thoroughly and remove any labels. Next, create a design on the bottle using painter’s tape. Then, use your paint to fill in the design. Once the paint is dried, remove the tape and Enjoy your new lamp that will surely add a great way to add a personal touch to your home. 1dogwoof
13. Reuse Glass Bottle Citronella Candles
These DIY citronella candles are a great way to keep away those annoying, droning mosquitoes. They are not only stunning, but they’re also functional. Check out this easy tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
To make one, you’ll need glass bottles, copper coupling with stop, replacement torch wicks, copper tube cap, Teflon tape, citronella torch fuel, marbles and a funnel. Once you have your materials on hand, follow the easy steps below:
- Remove the labels from your glass bottles. If the glue is stubborn, soak the bottles in warm soapy water for a few minutes.
- Using a funnel, fill each bottle about halfway with citronella torch fuel. Then add 10-15 marbles to each bottle. This will help to dissipate the heat evenly and prevent the flame from becoming too high.
- Cut your replacement wicks to size, ensuring they’re long enough to reach the bottom of the bottle. If necessary, use Teflon tape to secure the wicks in place.
- Assemble your copper coupling and tube cap, and ensure the stop is in place on the coupling. Then screw the tube cap onto the bottleneck.
- Light your DIY wine bottle citronella candles and enjoy! helloglow
14. Upcycled Wine Bottle Pumpkins Craft
These DIY wine bottle pumpkins are a charming, simple, and pretty way to recycle wine bottles and create halloween decor. This easy and fun craft is a great way to add a festive flair to your home. All you need are wine bottles, twine, hot glue, and orange spray paint. Follow the simple steps in the guide to create your own DIY upcycled bottle pumpkins.
First, remove the labels from your wine bottles. Next, use hot glue to attach twine around the neck of the bottle in a spiral pattern. Once the glue has dried, carefully paint the bottles with orange paint. Allow the paint to dry completely before displaying your cute Halloween bottle pumpkin. Enjoy! foodwine
15. Chippy Painted Bottles for Home Decor
This DIY chippy-painted bottle craft is fun and can be used as a personalized gift to convey a message to someone special or add a label to a bottle. It is a cool way to show your personality. The distressed look of the chalk paint gives each bottle a unique look.
The hot glue writing can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be. The best thing about this project is that it is relatively inexpensive and easy to do. You only require a wine bottle, chalk paint, a hot glue gun, and a sanding sponge. You can find these supplies at your local hardware store for cheap. Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have hot glue-written bottles in no time! stowandtellu
16. Collaged Map Wine Bottle for a Gift
This DIY collaged map wine bottle is a great way to add interest to any space. It is also simple to make and makes great gifts for a map lover. To make this wine bottle, you will need a clean wine bottle; paper map; adhesive; paintbrush; satin finish; hairdryer.
First, cut the paper map into strips. Next, apply adhesive to the back of the strips and attach them to the wine bottle. Once all the strips are in place, brush a layer of satin finish over the entire surface of the bottle. Finally, use a hair dryer to set the finish. Allow the bottle to dry completely before displaying it. Add a ribbon of some kind and enjoy your new DIY wine bottle craft! karenkavett
17. Pretty Wine Bottle Vase Design
A DIY wine bottle vase is a beautiful and elegant addition to any home decor. It also makes a pretty party centerpiece. And the best part is that it’s incredibly easy to make!
All you need is a wine bottle, metallic gold paint, and fresh or faux floral. Simply pour a little paint into a disposable dish and use your watercolor brush to paint the wine bottle. Allow the paint to dry for about an hour, add your florals and enjoy your beautiful DIY vase! fantabulosity
18. How to Decorate a Bottle of Wine
This DIY project is a wonderful way to add a magical touch to any wine bottle. It’s quick and painless to make, and it’s the perfect party decor for any fan of unicorns. All you need is some gold glitter cardstock paper, unicorn eye stickers, pink glitter hearts, flowers, an old or new wine bottle, glue, and scissors.
Simply follow the simple steps below to create your own DIY unicorn wine bottle.
- Cut out a unicorn horn shape from the gold glitter paper.
- Stick the horn to the top of the wine bottle.
- Place the unicorn eye stickers around the neck of the bottle.
- Decorate with pink glitter hearts and flowers.
- Enjoy your magical handmade unicorn wine bottle! ruffleddaisy
19. Magic Wine Bottle With Twinkle Lights
This DIY magic wine bottle with twinkle lights is a simple and easy way to add a brightening look to your home. The stunning art of a DIY magic wine bottle can be used as a striking decor piece or given as a gift.
This wine bottle twinkle light is a simple project that only requires a few supplies, including a wine bottle and acrylic colors (black, raw umber, real green, yellow ochre, emerald green, holly branch, bright magenta, and red-violet). You will also require twinkle lights, brushes and simple steps. The following instructions in the tutorial will guide you through creating your own DIY wine bottle craft. instructables
20. Upcycled Wine Bottle Vase Crafts to Sell
DIY projects are a terrific way to add personal touches to your home decor. They can also be a fun and economical way to update your look. One popular DIY project is an upcycled wine bottle vase. This chic and pretty vase is perfect for holding fresh flowers or artificial arrangements. Best of all, it is easy to make! You can transform an ordinary wine bottle into a beautiful vase with just a few simple steps.
First, remove the labels from the wine bottle. Next, clean the bottle with soap and water. Then, dry it thoroughly with a paper towel. Once the bottle is clean and dried, use frog tape to tape off the neck of the bottle. Next, spray the entire bottle with rustoleum painter’s touch paint in flat white. Let the paint dry for 30 minutes before applying a second coat.
Once the paint is completely dried, remove the tape from the neck of the bottle. Finally, use a brush to apply decoart americana decor metallics in antique bronze to the neck of the bottle. Allow the bronze paint to dry completely before adding water and flowers. Enjoy your new homemade wine bottle vase! letscraftinstead
21. Repurpose Wine Bottle Wind Chime Ideas
Upcycled wine bottles can be transformed into beautiful DIY wind chimes with just a few simple steps. First, use a wet saw to cut the bottle into even pieces carefully. Next, use polishing tools or sandpaper to smooth out any rough edges. Then, drill a hole in the center of each piece. Once all the pieces are drilled, thread them onto a metal chain in the desired order.
Finally, attach the key rings and metal clip to the chime’s top so it can be hung from a hook or nail. These simple wind chimes are not only attractive and captivating, but they’re also fun and usable. So step forward and give this DIY plan a go! hometalk
22. DIY Wine Bottle Luminaries for Decoration
These DIY wine bottle luminaries are a fun and easy way to add extra light and flair to any event or gathering. You only need empty wine bottles, wine cork LED lights, strong scissors or a utility knife. If you want to be innovative, add some decorations to your luminaries.
Just follow this simple tutorial, and you’ll be on your way to creating wonderful decor for any occasion. Wait no more! Grab some wine bottles and LED lights, and get started today! postcards
23. Creative Yarn Wrapped Wine Bottle Vase
This DIY project is perfect for anyone who loves gorgeous and colorful decor without the expensive price tag. These no-frills vases are also fun, easy to make, and a great way to upcycle old wine bottles. You will need four wine bottles, rhinestones, white and yellow yarn, fabric, a glue gun and glue sticks, burlap, and UHU.
To make these vases, wrap the yarn around the neck of the bottle in a spiral pattern. When you reach the base of the bottle, glue the end of the yarn in place. Then, glue on some rhinestones for a bit of bling. Wrap the yellow fabric around the middle of the bottle and secure it with glue. Finally, tie a piece of burlap around the top of the bottle. And that’s it!
These DIY yarn-wrapped wine bottle vases are a great way to add color to any room in your home. They also make great gifts for friends and family. So get creative and have fun!
24. Homemade Wine Bottle Bird Feeder
This homemade wine bottle bird feeder provides evidence of your creative side and gives the sweet bird a warm welcome with a delicious feast in your yard. It is an easy and cute way to show your feathered friends some love.
You can create a self-filling wine bottle feeder with just a few supplies to keep your little buddies fed and happy. All you need are lumber, screws or wood glue, and a glass wine bottle. You can also use recycled materials for this project. Ensure the wood is sturdy enough to support the feed and bird traffic weight.
With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a DIY bird feeder that will bring feathered friends to your yard for years to come.
25. Wine Bottle Tiki Torch Plan
This DIY wine bottle tiki torch is an easy and affordable way to add lighting and ambiance to your outdoor space. It also makes a great focal point and can help keep away annoying bugs. Best of all, it is effortless to make!
To make your own tiki torch, gather a glass wine bottle, a bottle of citronella torch fuel, electrical tape, a copper coupling with a cap, and a Tiki wick or rope. Then, follow these simple steps:
- Remove the label from your glass wine bottle.
- Using electrical tape, secure the copper coupling with a cap to the neck of the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with citronella torch fuel almost to the top.
- Insert the tiki wick or rope into the coupling, then light it.
- Enjoy your DIY wine bottle tiki torch!
For a more permanent solution, you can also mount your tiki torch using split ring hangers, hex nuts, a metal rod (threaded ⅜″), screws, and a ceiling flange (threaded ⅜″). However you choose to use them, this homemade tiki torch is a fun and easy way to add some ambiance to your outdoor space. instructables
Related Crafts for Kids:
Crafts for Kids are fun and creative activities to keep children entertained while developing their artistic skills. From paper crafts to woodworking, these projects are engaging, educational, and enjoyable!
- Fall Crafts: Discover easy fall crafts for kids! Ideas to spark creativity & fun with October craft activities. Perfect for keeping the little ones entertained this season.
- Pumpkin Crafts: Bring autumn to life with easy and fun DIY pumpkin crafts for kids. From painting, carving, decorating & more – get creative ideas that will spark your child’s imagination!
- Memorial Day Crafts: Make meaningful memorial day crafts with your family to honor those who have served in the military. Get creative ideas and easy DIY projects for kids and adults!
- Egg Carton Crafts: Let your little ones get creative with easy recycled egg carton crafts! Encourage their imagination and resourcefulness with fun and easy DIY ideas that are perfect for kids.
- Pipe Cleaner Crafts: Bring out your child’s creative side with these fun and easy pipe cleaner crafts! Perfect for any age, make amazing art using colorful pipe cleaners.
- Food Crafts for Kids: Discover creative and fun food crafts for kids to make at home! From fruit-inspired art projects to edible science experiments, your little ones will love these ideas.
- Wood Craft Ideas: Make your own easy wood craft projects from scratch! Get inspired with these simple yet beautiful ideas that you can make using basic tools and materials.
- Leather Crafts: Explore cool leather crafts and projects perfect for beginners! Learn how to customize and make wallets, keychains, bookmarks, bracelets, and more with detailed instructions.
- Toilet Paper Roll Crafts: Keep your kids entertained and have fun learning with awesome toilet paper roll crafts! With step-by-step instructions, these creative TP Roll ideas are perfect for kids of all ages.
- Printable Thanksgiving Crafts: Discover free printable Thanksgiving crafts to make special holiday memories. Create fun and easy decorations, activities, gifts & more for your family!
Wine bottle crafts can be a fun, creative and easy way to bring an extra bit of decoration into your home. With just a few simple supplies and basic instructions, you can easily create unique pieces of art or decoration with old wine bottles. Upcycling is becoming increasingly popular as it provides an opportunity to take something that might otherwise have been discarded and give it new life in the form of stylish decor.
Whether you’re looking for subtle decorations for around the house, or bright works of art to make a statement, there are many do-it-yourself projects out there that provide step by step instructions on how to best upcycle old wine bottles. This trend is also great because it doesn’t need to break the bank as most supplies needed are cheap and easy to find from craft stores or online marketplaces! Let’s try one of these wine bottle crafts now!