These ten sun crafts are the perfect way to celebrate all things summer!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Although summer is a time for getting outside more, there are still times where some summer-themed crafts are needed. For when the temperature is TOO hot, for example! These crafts all feature the sun.
Sandpaper Sun from No Time for Flashcards
Use sandpaper to make some textural art!
Sun Suncatcher from Craftulate
Catch the sun’s rays with a sun-shaped suncatcher!
Paper Plate Sun from Buggy & Buddy
The kids can get some fine motor practice with this sun craft!
Sunshine Weaving from NurtureStore
This craft is a great use of recyclables!
Handprint Sun Mobile from Craftulate
This would be great for a class or group project!
Squishy Paint Sun from Mrs Karen’s Preschool Ideas
This painted sun activity is mess free!
Fork-Painted Sun from I Heart Crafty Things
This is such a cool technique!
Summer Sky Salt and Watercolor Painting from Coffee Cups and Crayons
The sun in this wonderful painting is made from a cardboard tube!
Sun and Rainbow Craft from MomDot
I love the glitter in this paper plate craft!
Crinkle-Ray Sun from The Educator’s Spin On It
This craft is suitable for even the youngest children!
This post is part of the Top 10 Summer Play series – check out these other fabulous ideas!
- Top 10 Watermelon Crafts for Kids from Artsy Momma
- Top 10 Summer Engineering Projects for Kids from Lemon Lime Adventures
- Top 10 Summer Sensory Projects for Kids from Project Sensory
- Top 10 Summer Washing Sensory Play Ideas from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Top 10 Backyard Games from The Pleasantest Thing
- Top 10 FREE Summer Play Ideas for Toddlers from Powerful Mothering
- Top 10 Ideas to Play & Learn at the Beach from Still Playing School
- Top 10 Summer Water Walls from Adventures of Adam
- Top 10 Messy Projects Great for Summer Fun from Something 2 Offer
Or see our other Top 10 lists!