These rocky road brownies are absolutely amazing and easy to make with kids. They will love eating them, too!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #mixinmoments #CollectiveBias
So, you might remember that we recently made a Rocky Road Fridge Cake. Since then, my son has been somewhat obsessed with the idea, so I’ve been looking for ways to work it into our joint cooking sessions.
I was shopping in Meijer recently and noticed their great range of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Mixes. These new, premium baking mixes are available in four varieties, so I bought them all!
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Baking Mix with Butterfinger Baking Bits
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Cookies & More Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Butterfinger Baking Bits
- NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
The NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels would be perfect for making Rocky Road Brownies! A 5oz bag of the morsels are conveniently included in the box, so to my shopping cart I also added graham crackers and mini marshmallows.
The next time that F mentioned rocky road – I was ready for him! To start with I put some graham crackers into a sealable bag and F bashed them up!
Then he poured the brownie mix into a large bowl.
He added oil, water and an egg.
And stirred it all together.
Next it was time for the fun stuff! He added the graham cracker crumbles, mini marshmallows and the chocolate morsels. Note: We didn’t use the whole bag of morsels that came with the baking mix, only 3 oz (approximately half a cup).
Everything got mixed together then I poured it into a 8×8″ baking pan that I had lined with a silicone mat.
We baked it according to the packet instructions. It looked AMAZING! The marshmallows melted into the brownie, the graham crackers provided interesting crunch, and the morsels were wonderfully gooey and chocolaty! Nestlé Toll House have over 75 years of baking experience and it really shows with these new mixes. Also they don’t add any artificial flavors or colors which is always a benefit if these treats are to be enjoyed by children!
[bctt tweet=”Rocky Road Brownies #cookingwithkids #kidsinthekitchen” username=”craftulate”]
Rocky Road Brownies
- 1 box NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Brownies & More Brownie Baking Mix with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tbs water
- 2 oz graham crackers, smashed into crumbles
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Spray a 8" square baking pan with non-stick spray or line it with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Mix the brownie batter according to the box instructions.
- Add 3oz of the morsels, plus the graham cracker crumbs and mini marshmallows. Stir well, then pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out cleanly from the center.
- Let cool, then transfer to a cooling rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Which would your favourite combination be? Would you choose Butterfinger Baking Bits or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels? Brownies or Cookies? For more ideas and inspiration check out verybestbaking.com!