Bee crafts and art ideas are great fun for kids of all ages, and they make a wonderful activity to enjoy together as a family. Whether it’s busy preschoolers, playful toddlers or imaginative kindergarten students, bee crafts have something for everyone to enjoy! With step by step bee crafts instructions, it’s easy to complete bee-inspired Ideas that will delight any child. From simple bee pattern painting and bee garlands to bumble bee handprint jewelry boxes, there are plenty of fun activities to choose from in our 30 bee crafts for kids collection. Get creative with these artsy bumble bee crafts and art ideas this season, and let the kids flutter around with crafty enthusiasm!
Looking for the perfect bee crafts and art activities to engage your kids? This roundup of 30 bee crafts for kids includes bumble bee craft ideas, preschool bee crafts, toddler bee arts & crafts, and lots more. From pipe cleaner beehives to handprint bees and finger-painted bumblebees, these fun crafting ideas are sure to keep your children entertained while fostering creativity.
With various bumble bee crafts, including paper plate beehives and pom-pom bees in jars, these bee crafts for kids are sure to appeal to every age range, from toddlers to school-age kids. Most of the supplies needed can easily be found around the house or purchased at a local store, making it easy for you to complete these projects with your little ones. So grab some glue, scissors, and paint brushes. Let’s get ready for some serious buzzing fun with these bee crafts!
Bee Crafts for Kids: Bumble Bee Craft and Art Ideas
Engaging bee crafts for kids are an excellent way to occupy and delight toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten-aged children. With dozens of bee craft ideas available in the tutorial and instructional formats, you can easily find numerous bee crafts that provide hours of entertainment if you’re looking for bumble bee crafts that are fun, creative, and simple to make. Then these bee crafts for kids with step-by-step instructions are designed specifically with kids in mind, and it’s sure to be easy enough for them to participate! The choices are endless – from bumble bee finger puppets to hanging bee decorations – so get ready for your little one’s creative sides to show off with these bee crafts for kids!
1. Paper Plate Bee Craft for Kids
Making this DIY bee for kids is a fun and easy spring craft that young children will love. It’s an excellent activity for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarten children. Plus, it’s a great way to recycle paper plates!
This project can be easily adapted to accommodate different ages and skill levels. For example, preschoolers and kindergarteners can use the template to trace and cut out the bee parts, whereas older children can cut out the parts themselves.
To make this craft, you will need paper plates, yellow paint, a paintbrush, colored card stock or black and light blue construction paper, white card stock, black pipe cleaners, a black marker, a glue stick, scissors, tape (optional), and a paper trimmer (optional).
The first step is to paint the paper plate yellow.
Once the paint is dry, use the template to trace and cut out the bee parts from the colored cardstock or construction paper. Next, glue the bee body onto the center of the paper plate. Then glue on the wings and antennae. Finally, add eyes and use the marker to add detail to the bee’s face. Your paper plate bee is now complete! everydaymom
2. Tissue Paper Bee Kids Craft
This DIY tissue paper bee kids’ craft is a fun and easy project for kids. The best part is that it requires very few materials and can be made quickly. Plus, it’s a great way to recycle tissue paper. You’ll need to make your own bee pattern printable, white cardstock paper, black and yellow tissue paper, toothpick or black pipe cleaner, large googly eyes, tape and glue.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making your tissue paper bee:
- Cut out the bee pattern from the cardstock paper.
- Trace the bee pattern onto the white cardstock paper.
- Cut out the bee shape from the cardstock paper.
- Tape the bee shape onto the center of the yellow tissue paper.
- Cut out the bee shape from the tissue paper, being careful not to cut through the cardstock paper. 6. Remove the tape and cardstock paper.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with the black tissue paper.
- Flatten the tissue paper bee and glue it to the white cardstock bee shape.
- Glue on two large googly eyes or use a black Sharpie marker to draw on the eyes.
- Bend a black pipe cleaner into antennas and glue or tape them onto the back of the bee’s head.
- Your handcrafted paper bee is now complete! craftythings
3. How to Make Bumble Bee Cards & Decorations
These DIY bumble bee cards & decorations are a great way to add a personal touch to your cards and gifts. They are also easy to make and only require a few supplies. To make this craft, you will need: yellow and black thin cards, tracing paper (or thin printer paper), something round or pair of compasses to draw a round, pencil and eraser, a black marker pen, scissors, double-sided tape or glue dots or glue stick.
Kawaii Faces printable.
First, trace something round onto the tracing paper to make a template for the bee’s head. Next, cut out the template and use it to trace around and cut out as many bee heads as you need from the black card. Once your bee head is cut out, use the marker pen to draw on the eyes and mouths.
Now it’s time to make the bee bodies. Cut strips of a yellow card. Then, take one strip and fold it in half lengthways. Next, fold the strip so that it forms a zig-zag shape. Repeat this process with all of your strips of the yellow card until you have enough bee bodies for all your bee heads.
To assemble the bees, take one bee head and one bee body and line them up so that the top of the body is flush with the bottom of the head. Secure in place with double-sided tape or glue dots or glue sticks. Your DIY bumble bee card is now complete! You can also use these bumble bees to decorate gifts or as part of a larger display. Be sure to let your creativity run wild! askingfortrouble
4. Easy Bee Rock Painting
This DIY bee rock painting is a fun and easy way to show your support for our hardworking pollinators. To make this painted bee, you can use any type of smooth, porous stone, but river rocks work well and are often inexpensive. Acrylic paints in yellow, black, and white will give you the best results, but feel free to use whatever colors you like. A black paint pen can be used for the bee’s stripes, but it’s unnecessary.
Once your rocks are painted, spray them with an acrylic sealer to help protect the finish. This cute bee rock makes a great gift for beekeepers or other bee lovers and makes pretty decorations for your garden or yard. So grab some rocks and start painting! carolinahoneybees
5. Egg Carton Bee Craft for Kids
This DIY egg carton bee craft is a great activity for preschool and kindergarten kids. It’s a simple craft that only requires a few supplies, including egg cartons, scissors, yellow paint, a paintbrush, googly eyes, glue, black yarn, white construction paper and a black sharpie. It is a great way to enhance your child’s motor skills.
Plus, it’s just plain fun! So what are you waiting for? Gather up the supplies and follow the step-by-step guide below. Your little ones will be buzzing with excitement in no time! buggyandbuddy
6. Cardboard Tube Bee Craft Using Yarn
DIY crafts are a great way to recycle materials while still creating something fun and unique. This DIY bee craft is easy to make and requires only a few supplies you likely already have at home. All you need is a cardboard tube, yellow paint, black yarn, scissors, construction paper, black pipe cleaner, googly eyes and a black marker or crayon.
First, paint the outside of the cardboard tube yellow and let it dry. Then, cut strips of construction paper to create the bee’s wings. Attach the wings to the tube with glue or tape. Next, wrap the black yarn around the tube to create the bee’s body. Cut two small circles out of white construction paper and glue them onto the front of the bee for its eyes.
Finally, add a black dot to each eye and antennae made from a black pipe cleaner or pieces of black yarn. Your DIY bees are now ready to buzz around your house! buggyandbuddy
7. Bumble Bee Footprint Craft
This DIY bumble bee footprint craft is excellent for little bug fanatics. It is a perfect way to spend quality time with your kids and have fun together. The best part is that it requires very few supplies that are probably already available in your house.
All you need is a footprint (of a toddler or an elder), a white card (or paper), a colored card, a black pen, googly eyes, small craft flowers, and glue. The step-by-step guide in this DIY tutorial will help you create this adorable bumble bee craft in no time.
This cute bumble bee craft is an excellent activity for little bug fanatics. It is a perfect way to spend quality time with your kids and have fun together. littlemonster
8. Paper Cup Bumble Bee Craft Ideas
This DIY paper cup bumble bee craft is a superb Preschool Activity. It is also an amazing spring-themed craft. This easy guide provides all the supplies you will need and step-by-step instructions.
With just a few supplies, including cardstock or construction paper (black, yellow, red and white), black and yellow cups, glue, scissors and a black marker and some simple steps, you can make this DIY paper cup bumble bee craft. Your little ones will love it! inspirationedit
9. Bumblebee Toilet Paper Roll Craft
A DIY bumblebee from a toilet paper roll is a fun summer craft for kids. It is also a simple activity that can help keep the kids engaged this summer break. The supplies needed for this craft are a toilet paper roll, yellow construction paper, black construction paper, white craft foam, googly eyes, and chenille (pipe cleaner).
The following is a step-by-step guide to making this bumblebee craft:
- Cut a strip of black construction paper and attach it to the toilet paper roll using glue or tape. This will be the bee’s abdomen.
- Cut two wings out of the yellow construction paper and glue or tape them to the back of the toilet paper roll.
- Cut a small oval out of the white craft foam and glue or tape it onto the black construction paper strip. This will be the bee’s stinger.
- Glue or tape two googly eyes onto the toilet paper roll just above the wings.
- Finally, bend a chenille pipe cleaner in half and glue or tape it to the back of the toilet paper roll to create antennae.
Your handcrafted bumblebee from a toilet paper roll is now ready to play with or give as a gift! funmoneymom
10. Popsicle Stick Bumble Bee Craft
This DIY popsicle stick craft is perfect for preschool or kindergarten! It’s a lovely and no-frills craft that will bring a smile to your child’s face. Best of all, it’s super easy to make! Simply gather a few supplies listed in the guide and follow the step-by-step guide below.
To make the bumble bee bodies, start by painting the mini popsicle sticks black. Once the paint has dried, use the black marker to draw on the bee stripes. Cut two small triangles out of the milk jug or water jug for the wings. Paint them black and let them dry. To assemble the bees, glue the popsicle sticks together in pairs. Then, glue the wings onto the back of each bee’s body.
Finally, add googly eyes, pipe cleaners for antennae, and a red paint pen smile. That’s it! Your DIY bumble bee craft from popsicle stick is now complete. Enjoy! frugalmomeh
11. Easy and Fun Paper Bee Craft
This DIY paper bee craft is a great way to boost your kids’ summer fun. It is a super fun craft for kids of all ages, and with a printable template, it is easy and fun to make. This cute honey bee craft comes with heart wings and is a great imaginative activity for kids. Plus, it’s a great way to recycle some old card stock or paper.
To make this DIY paper bee craft, you will need white card stock, washable paint, paintbrushes, scissors, tacky craft glue, large wiggly eyes, black marker, black pipe cleaners, and tape. Follow the step-by-step guide below to make your own DIY paper bee craft. fireflies
12. Bumble Bee Craft for Preschool
This handmade bumble bee craft is an easy spring craft that is simple to make and perfect for preschool. You need a toilet paper roll, black, yellow and white construction paper, glue, googly eyes and a sharpie marker. You can also use scissors or a paper cutter.
First, cut a black stripe and two small wings out of the black construction paper to make the bumble bee. Then, cut a yellow oval out of the yellow construction paper and glue it to the toilet paper roll.
Next, glue on the black stripe and wings. Finally, add two googly eyes and draw a mouth with the sharpie marker. Your cute DIY bumble bee craft for preschool is now complete! littlehands
13. Chunky Bumble Bee Crafts for Kids
These DIY chunky bumble bees for kids are a wonderful preschool activity. They’re fun and easy to make, and the little kids will love them! To make them, you’ll need some cardstock, a gluestick, scissors, a black marker, wooden circles, white cupcake liners, and a paper cutter. Once your supplies are ready, follow the step-by-step guide below.
First, cut the cardstock into strips. Then, use the gluestick to glue the strips onto the wooden circles. Next, use the scissors to cut out wings from the cupcake liners. Finally, glue the wings onto the back of the bees and draw on some eyes with the black marker.
That’s it! Your handmade bumble bee craft from a wooden circle is now ready to play with. Enjoy! inspirationedit
14. Paper Weave Bumble Bee
This handcrafted paper weave bumble bee is a fantastic classroom project. It is a cute and simple craft that is easy and fun to make using cardstock, gluestick, scissors, black marker and a printable template. Plus, this step-by-step guide will walk you through making this cute paper weave bee.
First, you need to print the template on cardstock. Second, you need to cut out all the pieces. Third, you need to glue the pieces together. Fourth, you need to draw the eyes and antennae with a black marker. Finally, your DIY bumble bee is ready! frugalmomeh
15. DIY Bee Finger Puppets
These DIY bee finger puppets are super fun to make with or for kids! They’re also a great activity to do at home or school. Simply follow the step-by-step guide below to make your own. You’ll need yellow and white cardstock paper, a circle punch, googly eyes, white string, a black and pink marker, and glue.
First, cut out two bee bodies from the yellow paper using the circle punch. Then, cut out two wings from the white paper. To make the stripes on the bee’s body, use a black marker to draw lines on the yellow paper.
For the bee’s face, glue on the googly eyes and use the pink marker to draw a mouth. Finally, glue the wings onto the bee bodies and tie a piece of string around each one so they can fly! These cute little bees are sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face. craftythings
16. Awesome Clothespin Bee Craft
This homemade clothespin bee is a lovely, thrifty, and easy-to-make craft that kids will adore. It’s fun to play with. You can make it with your kids by following this step-by-step guide. You need a wooden clothespin, yellow paint, a paintbrush, a black marker, a coffee filter, a pipe cleaner, and two black pompoms.
This clothespin craft is a great way to show your kids how easy it is to make something fun. Plus, it’s a great activity when the weather is nice and you don’t want to be cooped indoors. Enjoy! nontoygifts
17. How to Make a Pipe Cleaner Bee
A DIY pipe cleaner bee is an easy and quick way to make a simple craft material. The supplies you will need for this project include three pipe cleaners- one black, one yellow and one white, a small yellow pompom, glue, googly eyes and scissors. This project is simple and can be done in just a few minutes.
Follow the step-by-step guide below to make your own DIY pipe cleaner bee.
- Cut the black pipe cleaner in half. These will be the bee’s wings.
- Wrap the two halves around the yellow pipe cleaner until they are securely in place.
- Glue on the googly eyes and small yellow pompom nose.
- Cut the remaining white pipe cleaner into six pieces. These will be the bee’s legs.
- Glue three pieces of the white pipe cleaner to each side of the bee’s body.
- Your handmade pipe cleaner bee is now complete! domestication
18. DIY Bee Headband Craft
This DIY bee headband craft is a fun summer project for preschoolers and kids of all ages. It is super simple and fun to make and requires only a few supplies you probably already have around the house.
All you need is a bee template, yellow cardstock, white cardstock, crayon, two black chenille for antennae, staples, googly eyes and a glue stick. Plus, this step-by-step guide makes it easy to follow along so that you can make your own bee headband in no time. So gather up your supplies, and let’s get started! fun365
19. DIY Bumble Bee Bookmark
This handmade bumble bee bookmark is a fun and easy craft that kids will love. With just a few supplies, you can create a cute and unique bookmark that makes a perfect gift for any book lover. With the printable template, the best part is that this DIY project is easy to follow and requires no special skills or training.
Simply print out the template, trace it onto colored craft paper, and cut it out. Then, use a black sharpie to add details like the bee’s stripes and antennas. Finally, glue the bee onto a piece of ribbon or string, and voila! Your DIY bumble bee bookmark is complete.
This simple yet adorable craft will surely put a smile on any bookworm’s face. mommymade
20. Paper Plate Bee Craft
This DIY paper plate bee is a super cute craft and a fun way to get your child implicated in the busy world of bees! All you need for this project are some basic supplies you likely already have. These include a paper plate, yellow and black paint, googly eyes, glue, scissors, and white cardstock or paper.
Once you have gathered your supplies, follow the easy tutorial below to create your paper plate bee. This craft is sure to be a hit with your child! And who knows, it might even inspire them to learn more about these amazing creatures. littlemonster
21. DIY Hanging Bee Craft Garden Decoration
This easy DIY bee decoration adds whimsy to your garden. Made from recycled tin cans, buttons, and bottle caps, this pretty bee will add a bit of fun and charm to any garden. And the best part is that it can be made in minutes using items you probably have around the house. So gather up your supplies listed in the tutorial, and let’s get started!
- First, start by painting your tin can yellow. You can use regular paint or spray paint. Once the can is painted, let it dry completely.
- Next, use the black marker to draw two eyes on one of the bottle caps. Then hot glue the bottle cap to the front of the can, just below the rim. Take four small pieces of black sticky tape for the bee’s antennae and connect them to the top of the can. Fold each piece in half so that it resembles a small feather.
- Now it’s time to add the wings! Cut a small triangle out of the piece of plastic. This will be one wing. Make another wing just like it. Hot glue the wings to the back of the can, close to the top.
- To finish off your hanging bee decoration, take a length of thread and tie it around the rim of the can. Hang your bee in your garden and enjoy! diyncrafts
22. Duct Tape Twirling Bee Craft
This DIY twirling bee craft is a fun and easy summer project that can be done in no time. All you need is some yellow duct tape, black electrical tape, string, and eight large googly eyes. You can make your pretty spinning bee with a little cutting and gluing.
This beautiful little critter is a great DIY craft and makes for stunning outdoor decor. So gather your supplies and follow this easy tutorial to make your very own duct tape twirling bee craft. craftsbyamanda
23. Easy & Fun Toilet Paper Roll Bee Craft
This handmade toilet paper roll craft is a great recycling project for kids. It’s easy and fun to make. Plus, it’s a great way to teach kids about the importance of recycling. The supplies you’ll need for this project are a toilet paper roll, colorful craft paper, paper glue, pencils, scissors, a ruler, and a black marker pen. Google eyes are optional but add a lot of cuteness to the bees.
The first step is to cut the toilet paper roll in half. Next, use the black marker pen to draw two wings on each half of the toilet paper roll. Then, cut out the wings with scissors. After that, it’s time to decorate the bees with craft paper. You can use any color combination you like.
Once you’re done decorating the bees, glue on the googly eyes and let the glue dry. That’s it! Your DIY paper roll bees are now ready to fly around your house and bring some smiles. momdoes
24. Recycled Bottle Bee Craft
This homemade recycled bottle bee craft is a fun, easy, customizable project perfect for a preschool activity. All you need are a few supplies you probably already have around the house, like an old plastic bottle, googly eyes, some acrylic paint, bubble wrap, yarn or string, pipe cleaners, and a few other supplies.
You can make your bee as big or small as you want and even personalize it with different colors and patterns. Best of all, this project only takes a few minutes to complete.
So gather your supplies and follow the easy tutorial below to make your own DIY recycled bee craft. diythought
25. DIY Toilet Roll & Milk Jug Bee
This is an easy DIY recycled bee craft that is great for kids. This cute little bee is perfect for spring or summer decorations. You can also use it as a fun party favor or a funny put-together toy. The best part about this project is that you probably already have all the supplies at home. So, let’s get started!
You will require a toilet paper roll or cardboard tube, a clean and dry milk jug, scissors, hot glue, sticky tape, googly eyes, pipe cleaners, foam flowers or other decorations, yellow paper, black contact paper or washi tape, a ruler and pencil (optional).
- First, cut out a circular piece from the bottom of the milk jug. This will be the bee’s head. Next, cut two wings out of yellow paper.
- Use black contact paper or washi tape to create stripes on the wings. Then hot glue the head to the top of the toilet paper roll or cardboard tube.
- Now it’s time to add the bee’s eyes. You can either use googly eyes or glue on two small pieces of white paper.
- Then use a black sharpie to draw on pupils. Add some antennae with pipe cleaners or thin strips of black paper.
- Finish up your bee by hot gluing on the wings and any other decorations you want to add, like foam flowers.
- Your DIY bee craft from toilet paper roll and milk jug is now complete! diythought
26. DIY Paper Honey Bee Craft
This homemade honey bee craft is an engaging and fun activity for children of all ages. This easy tutorial will instruct you on how to make your own paper honey bees using crafting paper, glue, scissors, googly eyes, and colored pens. You will also need a straw to complete the project. Follow the steps below to make your own paper honey bees.
First, cut a strip of crafting paper. Then, fold the paper lengthwise in half and glue the sides together. Next, cut out an oval shape from the folded paper. This will be the body of your bee. After that, cut out two strips of paper. These will be the bee’s wings. Glue the wings to the body of the bee.
Finally, add googly eyes and use colored pens to draw a mouth and stripes on the bee’s body. Cut a small piece of the straw and glue it to the back of the bee’s body. This will be the bee’s stinger. Your adorable paper honey bee is now complete! kidsartncraft
27. Flying Bumble Bee Craft for Kids
This DIY flying bumble bee craft is an excellent spring and summer activity that’s sure to put a smile on your child’s face. It’s easy to make and requires only a few supplies you likely already have. You all need cardstock, craft papers, pencils, scissors, glue, marker or gel pens, drinking straws, sticks, and a template.
This DIY tutorial is easy to follow and doesn’t require any special skills. In no time at all, you’ll have a cute flying bumble bee that your child will love playing with. So gather up the supplies and get started today! familyblessings
28. Bumble Bee Paper Plate Craft
This DIY bumble bee craft from a paper plate is an easy and fun project for kids. All you need are some simple art supplies and a recycled paper plate. This project is perfect for younger kids, as it doesn’t require any special skills or techniques. Just cut out some felt shapes and glue them onto the paper plate. Then add some pipe cleaners for the legs and antennae. voila!
You have a cute bumble bee paper plate craft. This bumble bee craft is also great for older kids, as they can get creative with the design. So get crafting and have fun! kidsandacoupon
29. How to make Paper Honey Bee
This handwrought paper honey bee is a pretty cool kid’s craft. It’s easy to do and only requires a few supplies. You’ll need papers of different colors, a glue stick, scissors, and an easy tutorial.
First, cut out the body and wings of the bee. Next, you’ll glue the body, antennae, eyes and wings together. Once the bee is assembled, you can add any final touches you like. Then, it’s time to enjoy your DIY paper honey bee!
30. Easy & Simple Paper Bee Craft
DIYing is not only a fun activity, but it can also be a great way to improve learning and motor skills. This DIY easy & simple paper bee is perfect for kids of all ages. Not only will they have a blast making it, but it can also be a great gift for any occasion.
And the best part is that it requires only a few supplies you might already have lying around the house. So grab some construction paper, glue and a marker and follow the easy tutorial below. Before you know it, you’ll have your very own DIY paper bee!
Related Crafts for Kids:
A perfect resource for creative activities and fun! Find a variety of crafts for kids to do at home or in the classroom, from simple projects to more complex challenges.
- Earth Day Crafts: Celebrate Earth Day with creative earth day crafts and fun projects that help protect the environment. Get inspired by tutorials and use recycled material to make something special!
- Flower Crafts: Create beautiful and unique home decorations with simple flower craft ideas. Learn how to make floral displays, paper crafts, wreaths and more!
- Handprint Crafts: Craft colorful and fun handprint art with your kids! These simple crafts will keep them entertained for hours. Perfect for all ages, these creative projects are sure to become treasured mementos!
- Crafts for Teens: Create fun and unique crafts with these easy DIY ideas for teens! Get inspired to make cool art projects, from jewelry and clothing to room decor and more. Perfect for tweens.
- DIY Felt Crafts: Craft easy and stunning felt projects with these DIY ideas. Get inspired to create beautiful decorations, accessories, gifts and much more using simple materials like felt!
- Yarn Crafts: Create unique, handmade items with these super easy and cool yarn crafts for all ages and skills. From fun knitting projects to intricate decorations, you’ll find everything you need to make creative things!
- Button Crafts: Discover fun and creative button crafts and art projects for kids, teens, and adults. From jewelry to magnetic sculptures – explore these DIY ideas to get creative with buttons!
- Clothespin Crafts: Unlock your creative side and explore the world of classy clothespin crafts. From simple decorations to cute personalized gifts, find out how you can make amazing DIY projects with clothespins!
- Popsicle Stick Crafts: Make fun popsicle stick crafts with your kids ! From animals to boats, there are endless possibilities for imaginative creations.
- Dinosaur Crafts: Delight your little one with fun and educational dinosaur crafts & activities! Excite their curiosity about dinosaurs – perfect for kids of all ages.
- Ocean Crafts: From toddlers to teens, explore the world of coolest ocean-themed crafts and art projects that will engage your kids in creative fun! Great for classrooms and home use.
Bee crafts for kids can be a great way to encourage creativity, develop fine motor skills, and learn about the important role of bees in nature. Whether you are looking for simple bumblebee craft ideas or more complex bee arts and crafts, a wide variety of creative activities are available for all ages. From preschoolers to toddlers to older kids, these inspiring bee-themed arts and crafts will provide hours of fun learning experiences!