I had such fun planning this tropical island water table for my son!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These were the components of the tropical island water table:
- Water table – we love this one
- Plastic boats
- Plastic sea animals (turtle, ray, crab, starfish)
- Blue and clear water beads
- Craft foam floating island
- Plastic palm trees
- Plastic squishy frogs (I had lots left over after making Frog Ice Cubes a few weeks ago!)
- Foam shapes (flowers, butterflies and bugs)
He even brought out a couple of his Duplo men so that they could paddle in the water beads!
We worked on a few new animal names that have only come up occasionally (mostly we seem to focus on zoo and farm animals, so this made a nice change)
As suspected, the glitter DID get everywhere. I don’t think I’d ever add glitter to a water table again, however pretty it looked! It wasn’t simple to wash or brush off so we both looked slightly sparkly for the rest of the day!
After playing I cleaned out the water table and refilled it with non-glittery water. The rest of the components are now in regular play!
Need a cover for your water table? Here’s a no-sew cover that I made.