Here’s a really easy way to make homemade glitter play dough!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
For this play dough I amended my usual recipe as follows:
- ½ cup AP flour (plain flour)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbs salt
- 1 tsp cream of tartar (find it in the baking aisle of supermarkets)
- 2-3 drops food dye
- EXTRA: loose glitter
- In a saucepan (preferably nonstick), mix the first four ingredients together so the mixture almost smooth. It is OK if a few little lumps remain. Add the food dye and stir to mix thoroughly. Add more dye if required. Stir in as much glitter as you would like. More is more when it comes to glitter!
- Heat slowly, stirring regularly. As the mixture starts to thicken, stir constantly. Soon it will begin to start to pull away from the sides of the saucepan and form one lump. This takes about three to five minutes.
- Remove from the heat and place the play dough ball on some parchment paper. Let it cool slightly and then knead until it is smooth and soft.
- When completely cool, wrap the dough in the parchment paper and store in a sealable bag. Our dough lasted for months!
- If you need help with making play dough, here’s a video showing how to make non-glitter play dough!
This article was originally published on Cocktails with Mom.