This dog small world was such fun for me to put together and fun for my son to play with!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’ve created several small worlds for my son and they’ve always been a great success. If I provide enough variety then it can keep him busy for ages!
To create this small world I used the following:
- Glass baking dish
- Plastic grass and mini trees (found in the clearance section in the aquarium area of a pet shop)
- Green and blue homemade play dough
- Sand (from the flower decorating section of the dollar store)
- Dried moss
- Small plastic toy dogs
- Mini bones (these were actually beads that I bought on ebay!)
- Mini pompoms (I used these tie-dye ones from craftprojectideas.com)
- Small sticks (from the garden)
I used a little piece of green play dough to secure the plastic grass and tree to the base of the dish.
Then I added some blue play dough and sand in one corner.
Next I added some more green play dough, and the fake moss.
With the base of the dish covered, it was time to add the dogs, bones, balls (pom poms) and sticks.
My son was delighted when I showed him and decided that his first task would be to find all the bones.
F followed this with all kinds of pretend play – getting a dog to drink some water, moving a dog through the sand and grass, and then playing with the balls and sticks.
[bctt tweet=”Kids will love these super cute dog themed #smallworld !”]
This post is part of the Small World Pretend Play Ideas from A-Z series – check out all the other letters!