The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
To make this activity I used:
- Red and pink card in assorted shades
- Large 1″ circle punch and small 1/2″circle punch
- Clear Contact paper
Tape a sheet of clear Contact paper to a wall or window, sticky side out. It should be large enough to place all your card hearts onto. I found that although the holes looked fun when taped to a window, we couldn’t see the colours properly, so I taped it to a white wall.
He was very pleased with himself when he had completed all four hearts!
This would be a lovely activity for an older sibling to make for a younger one. The older child can develop hand strength by operating the circle punches, and the younger child works on pincer grip and hand-eye coordination as they place each circle.
This activity was inspired by LalyMom’s Paper Punch Color Match Turkey.
Check out what my Fine Motor Friday co-hosts have been up to this week!
- Fine Motor Rainbow Ball from Still Playing School
- Moon Dust Writing Tray from Stir the Wonder
- Tissue Bleed Valentine Hearts from Powerful Mothering
- Snowman Scissor Skills Craft from School Time Snippets
- We Are in a Book! Mo Willems Inspired Writing Activity from Lalymom