This pumpkin hunt activity uses fine motor skills to dig in Jello and locate the pumpkins!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This is a really fun digging activity! To make the Jello dig site I used:
- Large box (0.6oz) sugar free* orange Jello
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Water as per Jello instructions
- Large glass bowl
- Small plastic pumpkin gems
- Tongs or tweezers – we used these fun scooper tongs!
- Small bowl
I added the Jello powder and spice to a bowl, then followed the Jello instructions. After letting the Jello set in the fridge for an hour, I added the little pumpkins and returned it to the fridge until completely set.
The pumpkins didn’t come out cleanly from the Jello but that really didn’t matter. He also used both hands with the scoop which I was pleased to see.
He kept working at it until all the pumpkins had been found!
Inspired by House of Burke
If you’re looking for more fine motor crafts and activities, check out what the rest of the Fine Motor Fridays team have been up to this week!
- Astronaut Fine Motor Training from Stir the Wonder
- Exploring Shapes with Noodles from School Time Snippets
- Weaving Board from Still Playing School
- 10 Fine Motor Fall Activities with Everyday Items from Fine Motor Ideas