This animal movement game works on various animal sounds and actions. Don’t forget to grab the free printable!
Using a cube template from whsdesign as a base, I added animal pictures to each face of the cube: crocodile, elephant, frog, penguin, dog and monkey. I chose these animals because they have distinctive movements associated with them.
I printed the cube onto white cardstock, cut it out then glued it together.Kids can have some #grossmotor fun with this #freeprintable animal movement game! Click To Tweet
I took the animal movement cube to a playdate with our friends from Lalymom. I explained that they roll (or gently throw) the die, and then everyone had to impersonate the animal that was on the top face of the cube. Here are some suggestions:
- Dog: Imitate licking, panting, tail wagging, barking, woofing
- Crocodile: Opening and shutting straight arms held out in front, snapping noises
- Penguin: Arms down by sides with hands turned out, waddling action
- Elephant: Holding arm to side of nose as if it were a trunk, elephant trumpet noises
- Frog: Squatting down and making jumps, gribbit noises
- Monkey: Pretending to swing from trees, scratching, eating banana, lots of “oo-oo-ee-ee-aa-aa” sounds!
Miss 4 absolutely loved it (after she got over the lack of zebra on the cube) and delighted in doing all the animal impersonations. F and Mr 1 joined in when they felt like it!
Frogs were popular:
As were crocodiles:
And Miss 4’s penguin was adorable!
The next day F and I were stuck inside due to the rain. The game turned into a perfect rainy day activity!
Here’s his monkey, elephant and crocodile!
This animal movement cube would be a great idea for an animal themed birthday party!